Being part of the parent state division which was promoted by Mr. Schofield of Peterborough in 1927, the Monadnock Branch with both Peterborough and Keene members began in 1929. By 1941, with a membership of 39, it was decided to form a separate branch – the sixth in NH – centered in Keene and called the Ashuelot Branch, after the river that runs through it. International programs and concerns occupied study along with education for many years. In 1943 and the years following, Russia, peace and world order were of great concern. In 1959 the name of the branch was changed to the Keene Branch for easier association with its location. Eventually, when the Peterborough branch disbanded, its members became part of the Keene branch.